Custom home building, remodeling, design/build, general contracting and  construction management services in
West Los Angeles, Pacific Palisades, Brentwood and Ojai  
Call 310 963 7900 or 805 639 0099

Home

Design Ideas & Specifications

Doors & Windows

Concrete

Countertops

Two Button Toilets

Lighting Basics

Fluorescent Lights

Architectural Renderings

Contact Us

 

Do you know why the new toilets have two buttons ?

  • Old toilets used to flush 3.5 gallons of water each flush!
     

  • New toilets – required by law  – can only flush 1.6 gallons. 
     

  • Two button toilets give you a choice - # 1 flushes 0.8 and # 2 flushes 1.6 gallons

***This is another must consider product if you are interested in the environment !
With this simple concept you will drastically cut water consumption by 50%!

 

Water Facts: Did You Know...

Presently, 1.1 billion people lack access to improved water supply and 2.4 billion to improved sanitation. Unless action is stepped up, the number of people who lack access to improved water supply could increase to 2.3 billion by 2025.   World population is approximately 6 billion.

  • Of all water on earth, 97.5% is salt water, and of the remaining 2.5% fresh water.
  • Some 70% is frozen in the polar icecaps.
  • The other 30% is mostly present as soil moisture or lies in underground aquifers. In the end, less than 1% of the world's fresh water (or about 0.007% of all water on earth) is readily accessible for direct human uses. It is found in lakes, rivers, reservoirs and in underground sources shallow enough to be tapped at affordable cost (2).
  • If all the earth's water fit in a gallon jug, available fresh water would equal just over a tablespoon.
  • A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water (3).
  • A person needs 4 to 5 gallons of water per day to survive (4, 5).
  • The average American individual uses 100 to 176 gallons of water at home each day (6, 7).
  • The average African family uses about 5 gallons of water each day (7). 

 

Toto Aquia Toilet

Aquia™ Dual Flush Toilet, 1.6 GPF / 0.9 GPF
CST414M

 

Features:

Elongated skirted design, two piece toilet.
Dual-Max™ Flushing System.
Push button style flush option.
Upgrade with an Oval SoftClose seat.
Large, 2-1/8" fully glazed trapway.
Five Year Limited Warranty

Decorative, high profile two piece toilet. Dual flush (1.6 GPF / 0.9 GPF) performance option to allow apporiate water usage.

Tank cover, fittings, chrome plated push button, less seat.

 Upgrades:
Oval SoftClose -- SS204

 

Caroma Caravelle Toilet

A modern concept close coupled 1.6/0.8 gpf (6/3 l) dual flush toilet featuring unique two button activation providing substantial water saving compared to standard toilets and adjustable rough in and smooth rounded contours for easy cleaning. The closet bowl has been designed with rough in of 10" (255mm) to 12" (305mm) provided by plastic offset outlet connector option. The overall length from the finished wall is 293/4" (756mm). The tank incorporates the Duo-Flo mechanism which has been specially developed with the Caravelle 270 toilet to ensure optimum reliable flushing performance. Due to the substantial water saving benefits achieved by the 1.6/0.8 gpf (6/3 l) dual flush system the toilet is suitable for multi purpose applications where water conservation is important. The fully enclosed bowl is both cosmetically pleasing and also great for cleaning.

 

Sterling Karsten Toilet

402028
Karsten™ 12" Rough-in Elongated Toilet with Dual Force™ Technology 

  • Dual Force technology allows the choice of .8 gallon flush for liquid or light waste. The 1.6 gallon flush is for bulk or solid waste
     
  • Dual Force technology can save the average family of 4 up to 6,000 gallons of water per year with the .8 gallon option
     
  • Two-button actuator provides easy-to-use flushing options
     
  • Crafted of Grade A vitreous china to provide a durable, non-porous product with a hard, glossy finish
     
  • A sanitary guard helps prevent liquid from getting under the tank
     
  • Elongated bowl has an extended rim length for comfortable use by adults
     
  • Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) compliant
     
  • CSA certified
     
  • Limited 5-year warranty
     

 

Actual image shows round-front toilet, 12" rough-in with dual force™ technology

 

            

Pacific Palisades General Contractor - Santa Monica General Contractor - Brentwood General Contractor
 West LA General Contractor - Ojai General Contractor - Santa Ynez General Contractor